GEHA Connection Dental Network, we want to help you stay up-to-date on dental health related-news. Here are a few recent articles we feel are important
Wednesday, February 8, 2023 | Posted in GEHA Connection Dental Network News
At GEHA Connection Dental Network, we want to help you stay up-to-date on dental health related-news. Here are a few recent articles we feel are important:
Clinical guideline and treatment planning decisions of single-tooth implants versus preserving natural teeth with nonsurgical endodontic therapy - PMC (nih.gov)
- This article describes the practical criteria and a systematic process to aid in the decision of whether to preserve teeth by root canal treatment (RCT) or extract and provide an implant. It also reviews the benefits and disadvantages of both treatment options.
The relationship between low serum vitamin D level and early dental implant failure: a systematic review - PubMed (nih.gov)
- This study investigated if there is a relationship between low serum levels of vitamin D and early dental implant failures (EDIFs).
Vitamin D supplementation for prevention of dental implant failure: a systematic review - PubMed (nih.gov)
- This review examined the available literature regarding the association between vitamin D supplementation and dental implant osseointegration.
Survival rate and peri-implant evaluation of immediately loaded dental implants in individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis - PubMed (nih.gov)
- This research evaluated the survival rate, success rate and peri-implant biological changes of immediately loaded dental implants (ILs) placed in Type 2 diabetic patients (DM2).
Esthetic, mechanical, and biological outcomes of various implant abutments for single-tooth replacement in the anterior region: a systematic review of the literature - PubMed (nih.gov)
- This review assessed the esthetic, mechanical and biological outcomes of single-implant restorations in the anterior area, as well as the durability of different types of abutments used in this procedure.
Endosseous dental implant materials and clinical outcomes of different alloys: a systematic review - PubMed (nih.gov)
- This article analyzed different alloys and evaluated their clinical differences.
Implant bio-mechanics for successful implant therapy: a systematic review - PubMed (nih.gov)
- This study collected and evaluated primary research that focused on the biomechanical properties of dental implants. It looked for the biomechanical properties most important for success of dental implant therapy.
For more scientific articles and systematic reviews, visit the National Library of Medicine and Pubmed Central®.